The Third Action Plan 2016-2019 of the National Plan to Reduce Violence against Women and their Children was launched on Friday 28 October by the Prime Minister at the Council of Australian Governments’ National Summit in Brisbane, where all governments, experts and key stakeholders came together to connect, review progress and encourage an integrated response to reduce violence against women and their children. The Third Action Plan sets out an agenda for achieving change, focusing on:
- Prevention and early intervention
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and their children
- Greater support and choice
- Sexual violence
- Responding to children living with violence
- Keeping perpetrators accountable across all systems
The Third Action Plan has been informed by a number of reports and evidence from reviews, as well as national workshops and roundtables with over 400 stakeholders. For more information on the priority areas or the Third Action Plan, visit the National Plan website.