This report from by the Domestic Violence Prevention Council presents the findings of a review of deaths that occurred as a result of domestic or family violence between 2000-2012 in the ACT. The review sought to provide a clearer picture of domestic and family violence in the ACT and provide advice to government to inform future decisions about violence prevention and detection mechanisms.
Domestic violence in the Media
- ACT 2nd implementation plan for domestic and family violenceAugust 27, 2015 - 4:33 pm
- ACT government responds to new Canberra domestic violence report with a call for increased awarenessAugust 13, 2015 - 2:50 pm
- ACT domestic violence workers trained to better respond to technological abuseAugust 13, 2015 - 2:48 pm
- Domestic Violence Orders on their own can make violence worseApril 7, 2015 - 1:40 pm
- Mother of three calls for stronger measures to protect victims of domestic violenceApril 7, 2015 - 1:40 pm
- Justice system failing domestic violence victims: expertApril 7, 2015 - 1:39 pm
- Time for Tony Abbott to step up and tackle domestic violence in AustraliaApril 7, 2015 - 1:38 pm
- ACT government to strengthen domestic violence lawsApril 7, 2015 - 1:37 pm
- Domestic violence law reforms a ‘knee-jerk reaction’, Canberra defence lawyers sayApril 7, 2015 - 1:37 pm
- Domestic violence sufferers ‘unnecessarily re-victimised’ under ACT’s protection order lawsApril 7, 2015 - 1:36 pm
DVPC reports and submissions
This section contains Submissions, research reports, and other papers prepared by the Domestic Violence Prevention Council relating to domestic violence.
- ACT Domestic and Family Violence Data Collection Project ReportSeptember 12, 2017 - 11:03 am
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Forum: Domestic and Family Violence forumJune 19, 2017 - 1:11 pm
- Review of Domestic and Family Violence Deaths in the ACTJune 19, 2017 - 1:02 pm
- DVPC Extraordinary Meeting Report to Attorney-GeneralApril 17, 2015 - 5:10 pm
- Submission to the Senate Finance and Public Administration References Committee Inquiry into Domestic ViolenceOctober 28, 2014 - 10:41 pm
Events and Consultations
The Domestic Violence Prevention Council works to raise public awareness of the issues involved with domestic violence. Following are the details of upcoming events and details about past activities.
Follow the links to find out more about the ACT and National Plans, and to relevant websites, research and publications.
- Second Action Plan of the National Plan to Reduce Violence against Women and their Children 2010-2022November 6, 2014 - 10:13 am
- ACT Prevention of Violence Against Women and Children Strategy 2011-2017October 29, 2014 - 10:18 am
- The National Plan to Reduce violence Against Women and their ChildrenOctober 29, 2014 - 10:15 am